As an Admin/Manager, using the Shift Pool will put open shifts right into your team member's hands. They can offer to pick up work directly through Prospr!
If you have empty, available shifts that need to be picked up, sharing to the Shift Pool is the way to go. In this article, we'll cover how to share open shifts with your team, and show you how your team members will go about picking up those shifts!
Publishing Multiple Shifts to the Shift Pool
If you have multiple unassigned shifts, you will be able to share them directly to the Shift Pool while publishing your team schedule!
1) In the Scheduling Planner, open your Toolbox (the Magic Wand icon) and select "Publish."
2) In the popup summary that appears, you will see the number of unassigned shifts. Click on the checkbox that says "Add _ Shifts to Pickup Pool."
3) Click "Publish." Your team members will now receive a Prospr notification that new shifts have been added to the Shift Pool that they are eligible to pick up for their schedule.
Important: Team members will only see shifts in the Shift Pool for their assigned teams. For example, a Front Desk team member will only be eligible to pick up Front Desk shifts. Make sure that all of your team members are assigned to the correct teams, and that your shifts are also assigned to the right team as well!
Publishing a Single Shift to the Shift Pool
If you have just one shift to put in the Shift Pool, you can easily do that as well in either the Grid or Gantt view. For the example below, we'll be using the Gantt view.
1) Next to the unassigned shift, click on the calendar icon.
2) Check the box that says "Release to Pickup Pool."
3) Click "Publish!"
The Shift Pool for your Team Members
1) When you publish a shift to the Shift Pool, your team members will receive notification that new shifts have been added that they can pick up!
2) They will head to the "Schedule" section of their Prospr Mobile App.
3) In the lower right corner of their screen, they will see a + icon. Tapping on that, they'll be taken to the Shift Pool.
4) They'll tap the circle next to the shift they would like to pick up, then at the bottom hit "Add _ Shift(s)"
5) Depending on your Workspace settings, an Admin or Manager may have to approve the pickup request. The team member will see an "Hourglass" icon next to the shift while it is pending. Once it has been approved, the Hourglass will disappear and your team member will be on the schedule for that shift!
- How to Publish Your Schedule - (Individual Shifts + Complete)
- Setting Shift Swap Rules