In this article, we'll give a button-by-button breakdown of the Gantt View in the Scheduling Planner!
The Gantt View may have several buttons to press, but we're going to start from the top of your screen and work our way down, highlighting what everything does!
Part 1 - The Top Tool Bar Line
We'll start in the top left corner of your screen, where it says "Range." We'll move across the buttons in the screenshot below from left to right.
Range: Click in the first box to select a start date, and the second box to select an end date. In the Gantt view, you can select a date range as large as 60 days!
Select Month: Clicking on the Calendar icon will change the date range boxes to months. You can then click to jump directly from month to month!
Location: In the example above, it is shown as "Midtown." Use this dropdown to select the location that you will be creating the schedule for.
Team: Use this dropdown to filter the schedule by Team. In the example below, I selected "Front Desk" so that I would only view Front Desk shifts.
Drawable Editing: Clicking the pencil icon will turn on Drawable Editing. While this button Is highlighted, you will be able to click and drag below to add in new shifts to the schedule.
Grid View/Gantt View: While in Gantt View, you will see the button with 4 lines highlighted, since you are currently working in the Gantt View. To switch to Grid view, click on the button with the 2x2 table.
Filter Name/Room/ID: Use this search bar to search by a team member, rooms, or an employee ID. In the example below, typing in Phil Prospr allows me to see that particular team member.
Print: Click on the printer icon to print the schedule by team member. Prospr will only print for published shifts, so make sure everything is live before trying to print.
Download: Click on the cloud with the arrow in it to download your schedule as a .csv file. Just like with printing, this will only download published shifts.
Part 2 - The Bottom Tool Bar Line
We'll start in the top left corner of your screen, below "Range." We'll start with the two arrows pointing down.
Expand All Days: In the Gantt view, if you would like to view all shifts for all days, click the expand all days button. In the example below, you'll see that I see 5 shifts before expanding, and all 10 shifts for the day after expanding.
Filter to Unassigned Shifts: Click on the person icon to view only the unassigned shifts.
Filter to Unpublished Shifts: Click on the calendar icon to view only unpublished shifts. Unpublished shifts are shown as yellow in the Planner.
Changing the Viewed Hours: If you would like to edit which hours of the day appear for you in the Gantt view, there are two ways to do so.
- Zoom to a Location's Hours: Click on the target icon in the top right corner. This will change the time range to reflect when your Location is actually open. For example, if you open at 9AM, there's no need to see 12AM - 8AM! In the example below, my shifts across the day now appear bigger because my day is now starting at 6:00AM.
Important: An Admin in your Workspace will need to update your Location hours if they are not already entered.
- Manually Zoom to a Time Range: Select the magnifying glass in the top right corner. In the time range, you will now see two lines appear. Click and drag these lines left or right to change the time range you are viewing.
That concludes the basics of the buttons and tools of the Gantt View. Check out our Suggested Articles for next steps in building out your schedule!
- Intro to Scheduling - The Grid View In-Depth
- Intro to Scheduling - Your Toolbox
- Inputting Single Shifts - Grid + Gantt Views
- Assigning Team Members to Shifts
- Unassigning Team Members from Shifts
- How to Publish Your Schedule (Individual Shifts + Complete)