Need to add just one more shift to the schedule? This article will help you add a single shift, in both the Planner views.
Adding a Shift in the Grid View
1) While in the Gantt view, locate the team member you want to add a shift for. You can use the "Find" search bar in the top left to view a single user. You can also create a new shift as "Unassigned" at the bottom.
2) Hover your mouse in the white box where you wish to add a shift. Click on the + button that appears in the box.
In the example below, we will add a shift for Phil on Tuesday, the 14th.
3) Fill in the fields for the shift. Use the dropdown menus to select the Team that the user will be on, the Room (if applicable), and the start and end of their shift. Use the "Optional Note" box at the bottom to enter a note that your team member will see regarding this shift.
4) When you're all set, click "Create"
5) Your team member will now have an unpublished (yellow) shift.
6) To publish this shift, hover your mouse over the shift you just created.
7) Click on the three dots that appear, then click "Publish."
8) Choose if you wish to notify the employee of this new shift or not, then click "Publish."
9) The shift will be published, and turn blue to show that it has been published!
Adding a Shift in the Gantt View
1) While in the Gantt View, click on the "Pencil" icon in the top center of your screen. This will "Enable Drawable Editing."
2) Use your mouse to click and drag a new shift on the date you need a shift. In the example below, I started my mouse on 9:00AM on the 15th. I clicked and dragged over to 5:00PM, and then released my click. This gave me a new 9:00-5:00 on the 15th!
Important: When creating a new shift in this way, the shift will NOT have a team associated with the shift. On the left hand side of your screen, click "No Team" and use the dropdown to add a team to the shift.
3) On the shift you just created, click on the "Person" icon on the left side of the shift to assign to a team member.
4) You will now have an unpublished (yellow) shift. To publish, click on the calendar icon directly to the right of the shift.
5) Decide whether you wish to notify the team member of this new shift, and then click "Publish."
- Assigning Team Members to Shifts
- Unassigning Team Members from Shifts
- How to Publish Your Schedule (Individual Shifts + Complete)