Want to copy an entire schedule and paste it onto your next working week or month? This article will show you how!
In the example below, we are going to clone our December 2021 schedule to January 2022. You can clone multiple months in advance, or just a couple of days. It's up to you!
1) While in the Scheduling Planner, click on the "Magic Wand" icon to open your Scheduling Toolbox.
2) After opening the Toolbox, click on "Clone Schedule."
3) You will receive a popup menu like the one below. We'll start at "From Location" and work our way down!
From Location: Use this dropdown to select which Location you want to copy/clone your information from. Remember, you can clone from the same Location you're working in, or a different Location! In this example, we are cloning our existing Midtown schedule.
From Range: Choose from what dates you will be copying/cloning. You will select two dates in this box. In the example, we want to copy our schedule from December 1st - 31st.
To Range: Choose where the schedule will be copied/cloned to. You will also select two dates in this box. In the example, we want to apply the cloned schedule to January 1st - 31st.
Overwrite/Add As Additional:
- If you select "Overwrite Existing Shifts", the schedule you are cloning will remove any preexisting schedule that may exist for the "To Range." In our example, if we already had a schedule made for January, we would now overwrite that with this new clone.
- If you select "Add as Additional Shifts", the schedule you are cloning will be added to any existing shifts in the "To Range."
Include Shift Assignments: If you would like your team member assignments to be cloned with their shifts, check this box. Unchecking this box will clone only the shift times, but not the team members who were assigned to the shifts.
Include Shift Notes: If there are Shift Notes associated with your shifts, choose whether to include them in the cloned schedule.
Available Teams: You can also select by team which shifts to clone. You can clone a single team, multiple teams, or all of your teams at once. Click the teams you wish to clone, then the right arrow to move them to "Selected Teams."
4) When you are ready, click on "Generate Shifts."
5) You now have a cloned, unpublished schedule!
- How to Publish Your Schedule - (Individual Shifts + Complete)
- How to Unpublish Your Schedule
- Unassigning Team Members from Shifts