In Prospr, templates can help you generate shifts quickly while building your schedule. We'll cover how to build one here!
1) In the Prospr web app, use your menu on the left to navigate to the Scheduling Planner.
2) While in the Planner, click on the "Magic Wand" icon on the far right of your screen to open your Scheduling Toolbox.
3) After opening the Toolbox, click on "Use Templates" under the Template section.
4) The template screen will appear. This is where you will begin inputting the shifts you want to add to the Planner!
5) To add a shift, click on the + button on the day you want to generate shifts for. In the example below, I've clicked on Sunday. This gives me a 9-5 shift, with no additional details.
6) Click on the 9-5 to edit the shift. A menu will appear where you can add the Team, Room, and any additional Shift Notes that your team should be aware of for that particular shift. You can also change how many of this shift type to generate. When you're ready to move on to the next shifts, click "Done."
In the example below, we will now generate two Clean Team, Front of House shifts on Sundays.
Prospr Pro Tip: You can click and drag shift times to different days. If you have repeating shift times across multiple days, this will save you time in building your template!
7) To save your template, click on the "Save" icon in the top right corner. You will be asked to give your Template a name. Then click "Save As."
8) Now that your Template is saved, you can use the "Folder" icon in the top right to find your Template again. All saved Templates can be found in the Folder.
9) You can also make changes to your existing Template or delete your Saved template. After making a change, select "Save Changes" in the lower left hand corner.
10) Now that we've completed a template, select the date range in the top right where Prospr should place the shifts. Then, click "Generate Shifts." In the example below, we are going to put these shifts on the entire month of December.
11) You're done! You've now used a Template to generate shifts in your Planner. From here, you can begin assigning these shifts to your team members.
- Assigning Team Members to Shifts
- Unassigning Team Members from Shifts
- Cloning An Individual Shift